Bend Habitat builds affordable and efficient homes for qualified, deserving families in Bend.
We’re excited that you want to get involved with Habitat! Last year, over 1,000 volunteers donated their time and energy to Bend Area Habitat in a variety of ways. Learn more below about how you can help make the dream of homeownership a reality for a local family.
As you prepare to volunteer, we recommend watching our Construction Safety video, taking a look at our Building Process, as well as reading about our Current Builds to get more acquainted with Habitat.
GUIDELINES FOR CONSTRUCTION VOLUNTEERS
- The day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
- Each volunteer should have a signed liability waiver on file before working on a construction site.
- We do not have set break times, but feel free to take a break whenever needed.
- Be conscious of the safety of others and yourself.
- Do not continue working on a task that you are unable to do or feel uncertain about.
- Always ask questions.
- Volunteers must wear protective glasses anytime they are operating power tools.
- We work year-round and work outside in the rain. We only cancel work when there is dangerous weather.
ReStore is Bend Habitat for Humanity’s number one fundraiser. By volunteering, you are helping build homes right here in Bend. Volunteer are needed six days a week and can accommodate a wide range of skill levels, physical abilities and ages. Learn More…